Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new concept: Is it?

"AMAN KI ASHA"...these were the first words, actually I should say the first concept, that the entire nation was subjected to by The Times of India on the first day of the new year.

Being an average Indian common man, I was first confused,
'Am I reading it correct??"
yes indeed.....
the next immediate thought was why??
which was immediately followed by the thought...why not???

And then the campaign gaining momentum with TV campaigns, articles in news paper about the social life in Pakistan, various celebrities including Mr. Bachchan joining the campaign......

I feel that such a thing can happen only in India and nowhere else. (Not that I have seen a lot of the rest of the world, infact none yet!!!) but still from whatever I have read and seen so far, I guess we are definitely amongst the very few in this world who are least bothered about themselves and think more about others...

There will definitely be a lot of Indians who would have stuck to the second thought which even I had...why?? why all this...for what???and most importantly for whom??????
The country which knows only the language of hate....
The people who only lie and who do not have the word 'ethics' in their dictionary....
Infact had we been like U.S or China for that matter,
this country would have become extinct by now for sure!

But...
(and there is a big silence here)............
(And this silence is called 'WISDOM').......
India is and has always been a land of the wise (mind you,the wise are not always rich).
No matter whatever they do to us, our tendency will always be to forgive them...
because, we can foresee that war is not what everyone wants...but peace is!

Although this may sound like an 'insult' to all the martyrs and brave men of India who have laid down their lives protecting their motherland, but if we think closely, the soldier is the first person who would say 'NO' to war... He too is a human and watches the destruction day-in and out more closely than anyone else!

A a common man however I wonder what can I do except for being a witness to all this and at max writing a blog...well a more deeper thought and I could understand that it is only I and millions of I's in India and Pakistan who can do this

It is we who have to break the age old thoughts and paradigms...change our point of view and focus from a new lens, a new angle at newer and more beautiful things..It is we who have to teach our next generation to love thy enemy, unike the previous who taught us to hate...

Wait, I can here some more noises...
Easier said than done...we have seen what has happened to the Poor Sri lankan players who had gone there just to play cricket..and we are INDIANS...Imagine how they will treat us!!

Oops...that is scary!!
But wait a sec...who is safe anyways today?
we are not safe in our own country...in our own city...in our own local trains...

So what am I finally supposed to do?????????????

The net takeout for me is:

1) I will still see an enemy soldier/terrorist who is trying to mess with my country's security only with hatred...and I am pretty serious about this
2) whenever I meet/read about Pakistani civilians I will think of them as any other foreign nationalists and greet them with warmth...try to understand the culture...take the good...throw the bad...and so on

hmmmm...
Sounds like a plan...lets see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment